Is your money mindset stopping you?
Here are a few journaling prompts to ponder...
- Describe your relationship with money in five words or less.
- What was your money story growing up?
- What does it mean to you to have “not enough” money?
- What does it mean to you to have “too much” money?
- What, to you, is the purpose of money?
Our relationship with money goes way back to childhood. We often take on the beliefs of those that we grew up with ie; mom and/or dad. For me, phrases that I remember hearing include:
- money doesn't grow on trees
- work is work, it's not supposed to be fun
- you have to save up incase of disaster
I've had to do a lot of work around my money mindset. I struggled a lot with a feeling of "not having enough." Tapping led me on a journey to the first time I felt that way, which led to other memories from my past, and I was really able to hold space for all of the emotions that made their way to the surface. It was quite eye-opening. And with this new found awareness, I was able to consciously shift my thoughts.
Often times the beliefs we've taken on, aren't in fact our beliefs at all. They are someone else's that we were taught to be the truth. But, the beauty is we can shift our thoughts and beliefs to align with how we want to feel, and our own personal truth. This process can take time. Tapping isn't a one and done experience. There are so many layers to peel back, especially when it comes to your relationship with money.
But from personal experience, I can tell you, you 100% can shift your relationship with money. And doing so has created such a sense of freedom and openness in my life. I'm so grateful for that!
Want to give it a try? Tap with me?